RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Brand:||Shoe Republic LA|
|US Shoe Size (Women's):||N/A||Style:||Booties|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Loeffler Randall Penelope Ankle- Wrap Suede Black Flat Size 7
- Prada ballet flats Patent leather buckle flats size 38 us 7.5
- Reebok Women's Royal Lumina Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- adidas Originals S75250 Womens Tubular Defiant W Fashion Sneaker
- NIKE AIR ZOOM MARIAH FK RACER WOMENS SHOE BLACK/DK GREY-WHITE AA0521-001 Oct
- DR SCHOLL'S WORK Black Rubber Loafers Slip On 2.5" Heel Women's 9 M
- ZIP FRONT TIMBER BOOT WOMEN SADIE-81-42 J’S AWAKE RED
- CALZOLERIA TOSCANA Genuine Ostrich Casual Oxford Shoes ITALY 42 US
- Gentleman/Lady ARIZONA SHOES MEN'S SIZE 8 M Wear resistant Ranked first in its class Direct business
- Minnetonka Men's 3902 Pile Hardsole Pile Lined Slippers BROWN SIZE 10
- [STICO] Mens Chef Shoes Kitchen Non-Slip Ventilation Clean BLACK Sandal KOREA
- Franco Sarto Loafers Shoes Sz 10 Men Black Leather Horse Bit Brazil YGI B7-6
- ON YOUR FEET WOMEN' JAKE BROWN LEATHER MID CALF SLOUCH COWBOY WESTERN BOOTS 10 M
- Nine West Womens cavanagh Suede Pointed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
- LAREDO Women's Navy blue riding/roper pull on boots Size 5 1/2 M Made in USA
- NIB Donald J Pliner Suede Makko Bootie, Olive, MAKKO-23, Size 10
- MINNETONKA WOMEN'S BOOTS 699 Double Fringe Size 5.5 BLACK MOCCASIN side zip NEW
- NEW PUMA FERRARI MENS DRIFT CAT 6 SF FLASH FASHION SPORT SNEAKER SHOES BLACK
- Merrell Moab 2 Gtx Waterproof Mens Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- DS NIKE 1997 AIR JORDAN XIII OG FLINT GREY 9.5 I III V VI VIII X XII XI XIV XVI
- Man/Woman Alegria Martinique - Black - Mens Not so expensive First batch of customers business
- NIB Amalfi Lucky Lizard Black Patent Idelle Peep Toe Cut-out Shoes Size 10M
- Men/Women Asics track spikes New! Size 9 Aesthetic appearance International choice A balance between toughness and hardness
- Men’s Casual Sneakers fashion athletic sports breathable shoes Running Athletic
- Men's Suede Ankle Boots Desert Pull On Casual Shoes Chukka Chelsea Boots Fashion
- Soto Boots Burgundy Leather Lizard Skin Cowboy Western Boots Mens Size 8 EE
- ABILENE Brown Leather Cowboy Western Boots Mens Size 8 EE Style 6536 USA
- Men Tony Lama Size 7.5 D Style 6526 Brown
- Autograph Jeffery West Marks Spencer Brown Leather Ankle Boots US12 UK11 Italy
- Loeffler Randall Cognac Giava Knee-high Boots/Booties Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Multicolor Daffodile 39.5 It Swarovski Crystal Platform High Heel Red Sole Lady Pumps Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Tory Burch Black Sandals Size US 6
- $100.00 Cole Haan Mens Sagan Sneaker II Fashion Sneaker Shoes, Grey, US 8
- Converse Chuck Taylor Lo Top Studded Charcoal Gray
- DS NIKE 2003 JORDAN II VARSITY RED OG RETRO 8 III IV V VI VIII X XI XII XIII XXI
- PUMA Womens Selena Gomez Black / Black Defy Trainers UK Sizes [3-8]
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.